ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Tuesday 21 February 2017 at 5.30pm
Buffet Room Town House Haddington
1. Welcome by chair and introduction of Branch Officers
3. Minutes of AGM 25 February 2016
1. Matters Arising from Minutes
4. Annual Reports from Branch Secretary
5. Financial Report
1. Audited accounts for 2016 [to be tabled]
2. Recommendations for honoraria [to be tabled]
3. Recommendations for affiliations [to be tabled]
6. Branch Officer Nominations [to be tabled]
7. Shop Stewards Nominations
9. Any other Business
10. Panel Debate with Councillors Council Leader Willie Innes Labour Group, Cllr Michael Veitch Conservative Group Cllr Stuart Currie SNP Group
Close of Meeting
BUFFET AVAILABLE from 5.00pm
ALL UNISON MEMBERS ARE WELCOME
Retired Members’ Committee
UNISON East Lothian Council Branch Retired Members meet every three months through the year to which all of this Branch’s Retired Members are welcome to attend.
Our meetings are generally an informal mix of social, information, discussion and business washed down with tea/coffee and fuelled by biscuits and often homebaked cake.
As well as eating cake, we have put motions on various issues to this Branch’s AGM on a number of occasions as well as having input into motions going to national conferences on pensioner related issues.
For a number of years we have had an elected representative on UNISON’s Scottish Retired Members’ Committee and during the past year we have gained a representative on the Scottish Pensioners’ Forum which campaigns on Pensioners’ rights. Our Secretary attends the Branch’s monthly Executive meeting. We send delegates to each year to UNISON’s Scottish Retired Members’ Conference, UNISON’s National Retired Members’ Conference and the Scottish Pensioners’ Forum AGM.
Each year we try to organise guest speakers for our meetings and in the past we have had speakers from the Police, Fire Service, Welfare Rights and the University of the 3rd Age (U3A) amongst others. We have also had talks on Archery and the chance to fly a computer flight simulator.
If you’re a Retired Member why not come along to our next meeting (our AGM) on 1stFebruary 2017 at 11am in the Town House, Haddington. You may meet some old friends, make some new ones and at the very least have a cup of tea and biscuit.